Donate by buying great playing cards at https://shuffleroll.com !!
Yesterday, I kicked off fundraising on ShuffleRoll.com. Fun start!
In one day, we:
- Made sure the website was working. It had never processed an order or shipment or anything before.
- Sold 27 decks to 7 supporters, 5 of whom I would classify as new participants in my fundraising shenanigans.
- Added 3 new “omakase” options.
- Raised over $100 for Food Bank of the Rockies.
- Inspired at least one person to donate to their local food bank in addition to the cards.
- Raised $5.82 in sales tax for the great state of Colorado.
- The people: they love their Star Wars decks.
My overall takeaway:
- It’s fun to talk to people about cards. But I knew that.
- I still need to reach many more people in order for this to be successful.
- The logistics are mildly irritating, but also kinda fun.
- This is a good way to use up extra packing material I have around the house.
- Maybe I should add some of the super premium cards back to the site as part of this?